Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Goddaughter


Heath and I became the proud Godparents to Lucinda (Lucy) Sloan Peters two and a half years ago. We are very good friends with her parents, Trent and Megan, in many ways.

First of all they have been our neighbors for the past 3 years in our eclectic neighborhood in West Plaza. Second, Heath and Trent started their own business in May of 2007 and for at least a year prior to, they worked very hard (in the basement - while Meg and I were upstairs watching Grey's Anatomy) on the concept and the development. Third, Lucy goes to daycare four houses down from our house so we get to enjoy seeing her after work often.

I am writing this because it is the end of an era for the Peters' family, they are moving to the suburbs. EEEKKKK! We will be following suit soon I hope, but for now it is very sad. No more long walks with the dogs, wine/movie nights (at least the kind where I can walk home), daycare pick-ups after work, bringing Molly over to play and watching Satchel look down the street in anticipation, watering each other's flowers, grilling on a nice afternoon, carpools when one of the four run-down cars is in the shop, trips to the office with pizza just to 'say hi' to daddy and HEAT! (how Lu says Heath).

Basically we are like one big family that is spread out between five blocks. I'm sure we will still have our fun times and begin new memories. I know Megan is having a hard time leaving the house she got married in, had Lucy in, etc. But it didn't hit me until I was asked to pick up Lu at daycare after work last night and I couldn't help but take this picture. I'm going to miss this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss you too. Good thing you have a secret blog and that I can drop in on you at work! That way I'll still know what's going on.

Wow, now I feel like some boxed wine:)