Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Cosby Show



I thought the first post should describe the inspiration for the chosen title. I grew up watching The Cosby Show. My parents refused to let us watch The Simpsons, but had no problems with The Cosby Show. Now I watch whenever I come across it while flipping channels. Heath humors me and watches with me.

As a child my parents would help me understand time measurement by the number of Cosby Shows. I specifically remember going into the kitchen soon after my dad got home from work and asking my mom when it was time to eat supper. As she stirred whatever goodness she was cooking on the stove she pointed to the little T.V. on the counter and said "two more Cosby Shows". I immediately understood and sat down to watch whatever mischief Theo and Cockroach were up to that day.

I still feel all warm and fuzzy inside whenever I watch this show and hopefully one day Heath and I will have the same loving and crazy family the Huxtables portrayed on T.V. Welcome to The Stover Show!

1 comment:

mom said...

I would like to be the first of your many blog followers. I think your writing is fine, but then, I AM the mother...hehehe.
Looking forward to future blogs. I love you!!