Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2008 in review

Heath and I have been engaged for exactly one year as of Sunday. And as of today we have five months left until the wedding. Yikes! I thought I would review our 2008 year of engagement. I still have a paper version of my calendar. I don't have a fancy blackberry or iPhone....yet ;) So let me flip back to January......ok, here we go!

January: I went to my first bridal show with Heath's mom. Our friends Flint and Theresa, and Sara and Mark came to visit us and we dragged them out in the snow to the wedding site.

February: I tried on my first wedding dress. We saw our friend Ben on the show Extreme Homemakeover (so awesome). Ross and Tawny (Heath's parents) moved to Kansas City!!

March: We went to go see the Bodies Revealed Exhibit. Heath turned 27.


April: We went house hunting for the first time. I went to Minnesota to see Theresa and we found my wedding dress at the Mall of America. KU won the Championship.


May: Went house shopping in Weston, MO and went to the wedding site exactly one year from the wedding.

June: Went to the Spooner Cabin with Trent and Megan in Council Grove, Kansas. Went to Dary's housewarming party. Booked our photographer for the wedding.

July: I went to go visit my brother in Virginia. I babysat Lucy a lot! Went to Mike's wedding in Colby.


August: We went to Mike and Kelly's shower. Heath and I celebrated five years together! Aaron and I pulled off a surprise visit to Iowa.

September: Our good friend Luke was in town so he and Dary and Heath got a little crazy. Uncle Greg came to town and entertained us for an evening.

October: I went to St. Louis to help Theresa with her frames. We went out on the town with Shi and Holly.

November: I voted in my first election. We put a bid on our first house.

December: Began the process of purchasing our first home. We completed the wedding website and sent out our Save The Dates.

I am sure I am missing some things but this is what is on my calendar. Have a Merry Christmas!!

No comments: